The Times-News and its employees strive:
- To produce exciting, top-quality news publications focusing on people and events that affect the Alabama-Georgia area;
- To bend over backwards to meet the needs of our advertisers;
- To report the news accurately and without bias;
- To edit and publish with integrity and the best interests of our community in mind;
- To operate at a profit level that allows us to fairly compensate our employees, reinvest in our organization and stand independent from outside influences;
- To take an active leadership role in our community;
- To do what we say we will do;
And, above all, to treat our readers, advertisers and employees as we would like to be treated.
4,200 daily afternoon delivery, with home delivery in Chambers County, Alabama and Troup County, Georgia.
The economy of the Valley area is diverse, including a care dealership, manufacturing plants, a number of agricultural facilities as well as a growing tourism market.
The Valley Times-News is a consistent winner of Alabama Press Association awards for editorial content.
The city’s name comes from its location as the westernmost point of the Chattahoochee River, where the river turns and begins to flow due south. West Point is home to Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia, Kia’s first North American automobile manufacturing facility. West Point is also home to Point University, a four-year private, Christian, liberal arts university. West Point Lake, a man-made reservoir with more than 500 miles of shoreline, is located nearby.
West Point is located in the southwest corner of Troup County and is approximately 90 minutes from Atlanta, while being 30 minutes from Auburn.
City of West Pint: 3,500
Troup County: 67,000
Summer’s average high is in the mid- to upper-80s. Mild winters with occasional cold snaps make the area ideal for many residents. West Point typically receives about 50 inches of rainfall each year and occasionally a trace of snow.
Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia; Point University; Batson-Cook Construction
Troup County High School and Long Cane Middle School serve as the de-facto schools for children in West Point, while Point University provides top of the line undergraduate education.
Golf, boating, fishing, hunting, hiking and bicycling.
Point University was founded in 1937 as Atlanta Christian College, located in the Atlanta suburb of East Point. In 2011, the college announced a name change to Point University. It relocated its main campus to West Point, Georgia, in June 2012.
Greater Valley Area Chamber of Commerce
2102 Broad Ave
Lanett, AL 36863