The Times-News and its employees strive:
- To produce exciting, top-quality news publications focusing on people and events that affect the Alabama-Georgia area;
- To bend over backwards to meet the needs of our advertisers;
- To report the news accurately and without bias;
- To edit and publish with integrity and the best interests of our community in mind;
- To operate at a profit level that allows us to fairly compensate our employees, reinvest in our organization and stand independent from outside influences;
- To take an active leadership role in our community;
- To do what we say we will do;
And, above all, to treat our readers, advertisers and employees as we would like to be treated.
4,200 daily afternoon delivery, with home delivery in Chambers County, Alabama and Troup County, Georgia.
The economy of the Valley area is diverse, including a car dealership, manufacturing plants, a number of agricultural facilities as well as a growing tourism market.
The Valley Times-News is a consistent winner of Alabama Press Association awards for editorial and advertising content.
Located on the Chattahoochee, Valley was incorporated in 1980 when the textile mill villages of Fairfax, Langdale, River View and Shawmut were combined. The city lies on the western bank of the Chattahoochee River, and is an “Alabama Community of Excellence.”
Valley is in Chambers County, which borders the states of Alabama and Georgia. The city is located approximately 90 minutes southwest of Atlanta, and 30 minutes north of Auburn.
City of Valley: 9,500
Chambers County: 34,000
The South is known for its warm, humid summers and Valley certainly has its share. However, the rest of the year is quite seasonal, with the area enjoying complete, fall, winter and spring weather, as well. Summer’s average high is in the mid- to upper-80s. Mild winters with occasional cold snaps make the area ideal for many residents. Valley typically receives about 50 inches of rainfall each year and occasionally a trace of snow.
Hospital: school system; local government offices
Valley is home to the Chambers County school district, which includes 11 schools stretching from elementary to high school. A plethora of private school options are available in the city and county as well.
Golf, boating, fishing, hunting, hiking and bicycling.
Valley is the hometown of five former National Football League players in Gary Barnes, Josh Evans, Lemanski Hall, John Copeland and Marcus Pollard.
Greater Valley Area Chamber of Commerce
2102 Broad Ave, Lanett, AL 36863