Careers at Boone Newspapers
Who we are:
- Boone Newspapers is a family-owned print and digital media company that publishes community newspapers, magazines and websites in Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
- We focus on development of our people, our products and our communities and aim to produce excellent publications and websites to serve our readers and advertising customers.
- We are journalists, marketing professionals and publishers by background and practice, not financial investors.
- Our publications and websites are consistently recognized as among the best by and among their peers. While awards are not our primary objective, we appreciate the positive self-gratification awards bring our people and we know the recognition affirms and supports our efforts to work with excellent people and produce excellent products for our readers.
What we do:
- Our core mission is to gather and report the news for the communities we serve. We put our every effort and available resource to fulfilling our responsibilities as journalists and producing local opinion devoted to the improvement of the community and region served.
- Our product portfolio also includes award winning websites, lifestyle magazines and niche publications in communities served by our newspapers.
- Related businesses managed by BNI include printing, sign-making and office supply businesses.
Who we work with:
- Simply put, we seek to work with the best and brightest journalists and sales professionals in our industry. Our ideal candidates are willing to work hard in return for an excellent career opportunity. Those who work with us learn from some of our industry’s best marketing professionals, editors and publishers as they simultaneously work to make a difference in a community.
- We work as a team in each community and across the company, seek self-motivated, coachable, people who seek excellent opportunities for career development, personal and professional growth.
When should you apply?
- Now. WE ARE HIRING.
How to become part of our team:
- Want to learn more about us and how to become part of our team? Contact us by clicking here to submit your resume or apply for one of the job opportunities in our online job database.
Interested in an internship?
- Still working on your education? Consider joining us for an educational internship in journalism or sales. We are uniquely positioned to provide those who are early in their careers with great exposure to community news media. Many of our interns return to us upon graduation to begin their careers. Contact us here to find out more about available internships.