The Suffolk News was founded in 1873 and merged with the weekly Suffolk Herald in 1929. Suffolk Living Magazine, which launched in 2009, is a full-color glossy magazine that publishes 10,000 issues free on newsstands each quarter. Virginia-Carolina Boomers, which launched in 2010, is a semi-annual full-color, glossy magazine that is inserted into 30,000 copies of the Suffolk News-Herald, the Tidewater News and the Roanoke-Chowan News-Herald.
- To produce exciting, top-quality news publications focusing on people and events that affect Suffolk and surrounding communities;
- To bend over backwards to meet the needs of our advertisers;
- To report news accurately and without bias;
- To edit and publish with integrity and with the best interests of our community in mind;
- To operate at a profit level that allows us to fairly compensate our employees, reinvest in our organization and stand independent from outside influences;
- To do what we say we will do;
- And, above all, to treat our readers, advertisers and employees as we would like to be treated ourselves.
Suffolk News-Herald: Published Tuesday through Sunday; 11,800;
Suffolk Living Magazine: Published quarterly; 10,000
Virginia-Carolina Boomers: Published semi-annually; 30,000
The Suffolk News-Herald has been the chief sponsor of the Suffolk Cheer Fund since its inception, some 40 years ago. Money raised annually goes to fund the Suffolk Toys for Tots campaign at Christmas.
The News-Herald has won numerous state press association awards.
about the Suffolk community.
Read more BNI community