The Greenville Advocate has been serving readers since it was founded in 1865.
The Advocate strives to:
- Report the news of our community honestly, fairly and with integrity;
- Bend over backward to meet the needs of our customers;
- Build commerce and promote the growth of our business community through advertising;
- Give our readers useful, interesting and entertaining information in every issue;
- Edit and publish the news of our community without exclusion;
- Operate at a profit level that allows us to fairly compensate our employees, reinvest in our organization and to stand independent of outside influences;
- Take an active leadership role and to act as a positive influence in our community;
- Do what we say we will do;
- Treat our readers, advertisers and employees as we would like to be treated ourselves; and, above all, to do what's right, period.
Greenville Advocate - twice-weekly, 3,000 circulation; Butler Express, weekly, 8,250 circulation.
The Advocate has won a number of state press association awards including first place for General Excellence in 2007, 2009 and 2010.
Advocate employees participate in a number of local organizations including: Greenville Area Chamber of Commerce, Rotary Club, Kiwanis Club, Lions Club, Achiever Award and the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life.
about the Greenville community.
Read more BNI community