Boone Newspapers purchased the weekly Central Alabama Independent Advertiser on Aug. 15, 1975.
The newspaper evolved into The Independent Advertiser and eventually The Clanton Advertiser. As the paper grew, so did its publication cycle -- to twice-weekly, then thrice-weekly before going to five days a week (Tuesday through our Weekend edition).
The newspaper's office is located at 1109 Seventh Street North in Clanton, Ala., which is the county seat of Chilton County. In addition to printing The Clanton Advertiser five days a week, we also publish The Shopping Bag, a free advertising supplement; The North Chilton Advertiser, a free weekly paper that focuses on the northern end of our county; Peach Living magazine, a quarterly lifestyles magazine; and several websites to complement our publications.
The Clanton Advertiser and its employees strive to:
- Produce exciting, top-quality news publications focusing on people and events that affect the Chilton County area;
- Go the extra mile to meet the needs of our advertisers;
- Report news accurately and without bias;
- Edit and publish with integrity and with the best interest of our community in mind;
- Operate at a profit level that allows us to fairly compensate our employees, reinvest in our community and stand independent from outside influences;
- Take an active leadership role in our community;
- Do what we say we will do;
- Treat our readers, advertisers and employees as we would like to be treated ourselves.
The Clanton Advertiser is published daily Tuesday through Saturday and has a wide readership across Chilton County and its communities of Clanton, Jemison, Thorsby and Maplesville.
In 2002, The Advertiser finished construction of a new press and mailroom facility featuring a refurbished Goss Community press. The Advertiser presswork has been awarded numerous awards for quality by the Alabama Press Association.
The Advertiser's online home, clantonadvertiser.com, serves a 24-7 breaking news engine, as well as a way to interact with our web readers.
The Advertiser consistently wins awards for its news, sports and opinion writing, photography, advertising design, layout and web presence as part of the Alabama Press Association's annual Better Newspaper Contest.
The Advertiser believes in being a community leader. To that end, our staff is actively involved with the Chilton County Chamber of Commerce as well as civic organizations and charitable groups.
about the Clanton community.
Read more BNI community